Supporting You with Application and Technical Services
Attension provides support through a global network of highly competent Distribution Partners and a team of Application and Technical Support Specialists based in Biolin Scientific offices in Europe, Asia and North America. Attension offers installation, training, technical and application support, repair and maintenance services and service packages. Our application scientists can conduct pre-studies to assess the feasibility of your research proposal, test samples for verification, and demonstrate the suitability of our tensiometers to your research.
Biolin Scientific systems are precision instruments, providing accurate and reliable results. To ensure that your instrument maintains peak performance, we offer a number of service and support solutions, see more information further below.
If you have a technical problem with your instrument or an application question, please contact our support department.
Application-specific information including supportive illustrations and videos on applications, measurements and phenomena can be found in Applications.
Pre-studies can be conducted by our application scientists to assess the feasibility of your research proposal, test samples for verification, and demonstrate the suitability of our tensiometers to your research.
Application scientists provide training on tensiometry and tensiometers for both beginners and advanced users. User training can be given at your premises. Please contact your closest Attension representative for additional information.
A trained professional from the Attension distribution network can install, align and calibrate your instrument. Installation can be completed by on-site training and first measurements by an Attension specialist. This enables a smooth familiarization with your instrument and rapid start to your experiments.
Preventative Maintenance and Verification Service
The Preventative Maintenance and Verification Service secures that your instrument is properly adjusted and calibrated to produce reliable and accurate results. The service is performed by Biolin Scientific certified service engineers and helps to extend the lifetime and productivity of your equipment, all to keep you confident with your instrument and your results. The service includes:
• Exchange of typical wearable parts
• Software updates
• System calibration
• Functionality verification test
• Certificate of performance
The Preventative Maintenance and Verification Service is recommended once per year for maximum performance of your instrument.
For our most advanced systems, we offer extensive service contracts to ensure the very best utilization of your instrument as we stay by your side throughout the use of your equipment. Including onsite preventative maintenance, possible repairs and application training, our team of certified service engineers and experienced application specialists will make sure that your instrument is always running at its best.
Please contact us to discuss your service and support needs!
OneAttension users can download the latest software update using the link below. Updating is highly recommended for all OneAttension users since updates include important bug fixes and may bring new functionality compared to prior versions. The new package can be simply installed on top of an existing OneAttension installation; existing measurements and settings are not affected.
Please note that a valid license is necessary to operate the software.
Download OneAttension v3.0 (updated 5 April 2017)
Please contact your nearest Attension representative or Attension support if you need any support with your tensiometer software.
This webinar is focused on force tensiometers and covers surface tension, critical micelle concentration and powder wettability measurements. You will discover OneAttension software capabilities, learn how to perform the measurements and see what OneAttension software has to offer.
This webinar is focused on optical tensiometers and covers contact angle, surface tension and pulsating drop measurements. You will also see how 3D Topography module can be utilized. You will discover OneAttension software capabilities, learn how to perform the measurements and see what OneAttension software has to offer.
Wettability of the surface is important in many different industrial process where adhesion plays a role. This webinar covers basic concepts like contact angle and wettability. Some of the industrial standards are reviewed to show how contact angle measurements can be used in quality control. Finally it is demonstrated how OneAttension software can be utilized for contact angle measurements of large sample batches.
We offer live webinars about applications, technologies and products. The application webinars have specific topics and are sometimes held by external scientific researchers. If you join a live webinar you have the chance to ask questions directly and discuss with the presenter.
Check out Events for upcoming live webinars.
We also record many of our webinars. To see one of the recorded webinars, follow this link:
- Wettability measurements in industrial quality control
- Protein adsorption and unfolding at interfaces
- Effect of wettability in cleaning process
- Influence of surface roughness on wetting and adhesion
- Attension Sigma Range
- Attension Theta Range
- Attension Theta Modules and Accessories
- Attension Sigma 700-701 Accessories
- Attension Sigma 702-702ET-703D Accessories
- Service and support overview
1. Contact Angle Measurements on Single Fibers
2. Tensiometry in Inkjet Printing Applications
3. Self-Cleaning Coatings
4. Influence of Contact Angles and Surface Free Energies on Biocompatibility of Biomaterials
6. Critical Micelle Concentration Measurement in Aggregation Behavior Studies
7. Wettability of Pharmaceutical Powders
8. Captive Bubble Method in Contact Lens Studies
9. Dynamic Contact Angles on Superhydrophobic Surfaces
10. ASTM D971 Standard Test Method for Interfacial Tension of Oil Against Water by the Ring Method
11. Pulsating Drop Technique to Characterize Surfactant Behavior in Flotation Process
12. Contact Angle Measurement for Surface Treatment Evaluation in Packaging Industry
14. Contact Angle Measurements in Solar Cell Industry
15. Contact Angle Measurements for Research, Product Development and Quality Control of Microfluidic Chips
16. Adhesion to Wood-Plastic Composites
17. Influence of Topography and Wettability on Biocompatibility
19. CO2 in Enhanced Oil Recovery
1. Static and Dynamic Contact Angles and Their Measurement Techniques
2. Surface and interfacial tension and their measurement techniques
3. Critical Micelle Concentration — Theory and Measurement
4. Surface Free Energy — Theory and Calculations
5. Washburn Method
6. Influence of Droplet Volume on Contact Angle
7. Influence of Surface Roughness on Contact Angle and Wettability
The User Area is password protected and only available for Biolin Scientific Attension customers. You find the login section if you click on the arrow below.