For the love of science
We care about the work that scientists do and the progress they achieve. By staying close to them, we understand their challenges as well. This helps us provide high-quality solutions for ion channel drug discovery, the characterization of new materials and chemicals, and the development of a more rational use of energy.
We nurture an environment where people can explore possibilities, test new ideas and take measured risks—in science, in product development and in developing new business.
If you love science as much as we do, then you’ll love working here too.
We are always looking for talented people. You can submit your resume to email@example.com.
Service Engineer at the Biolin Scientific Espoo Office, Finland
Biolin Scientific (https://www.biolinscientific.com/
) is a leading Nordic instrument company based in Sweden and Finland. Our customers are life science, energy, chemicals, and advanced materials, as well as academic and state research institutes. Our precision devices help to develop better solutions for energy and materials and to conduct research with science and technology pioneers.
Through our knowledge and instrumentation, we help our clients to research the boundaries of surface science technology. We offer world class expertise and we are committed to scientific excellence and continual development of solutions.
We focus on working with customers and building long-term relationships by committing to customer service and supporting customer applications.
We now have an open position for a Service Engineer at the Biolin Scientific Espoo Office.Work content:
- Act as first contact for product hardware related customer issues and provide technical support
- Manage and update the customer database (Salesforce) with respect to all service cases; write service and cost reports
- Support service engineers globally, as necessary
- Plan and conduct service and Preventative Maintenance (PM) both in-house and on-site
- Manage product returns
- Manage installation and training activities as separately agreed
- Develop and document service instructions and manuals and Evaluate System Requirement Specification w.r.t. DFS (Design for Service) during product development
- Manage inventory, tools, etc. related to Espoo service point
We require you to have a technical fine mechanic or similar training, as well as a reading and understanding skill in electrical and wiring diagrams. You have a mechanical education or similar and some years working experience in servicing instruments as well as a good attitude and interest in instrumentation and working in an international environment.
You are also willing to do some international traveling.
You operate effectively under pressure. Experience of a quality system is considered as an advantage.
The position requires good verbal and written English.
And perhaps most importantly, good motivation for work.
The work is self-contained, but you are also closely involved in the Sales Team. Work is one shift job.
We offer you:
- Day job with flexible working time slack
- Versatile tasks in one of the industry's leading companies in the world
- Opportunity to develop practices and learn new
- A good and stable working environment
- Modern production facilities and operating workstations
If this is your job, please submit your application and CV to Sten Brandt Sten.Brandt@biolinscientific.com
before May 31th. Note that the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. For more information, you can call, at office time, +358 95 497 3300.