- Create functional coatings with nanoparticles (altering e.g. wettability, reflectivity, biocompatibility, conductivity, binding properties etc.)
- Form model cell membranes at air-buffer interfaces and study the effects of toxins or pharmaceuticals on the cell membrane
- Form thin polymer films for the study of polymer crosslinking, stability, degradation etc.
- Study the interactions, adsorption, desorption, interfacial stability and structure of amphiphilic molecules
- Interfacial rheological studies to determine film stability, phase transitions or reactions
* The Liquid-Liquid Trough is deeper than a standard trough as this allows for the two liquid phases. The value in the brackets corresponds to confinement of the lower phase (other value for the upper phase).
** The Alternate-Layer Deposition Trough is made of two separated compartments for creation of two monolayers simultaneously.
• : Available
– : Not available/Not applicable