Pre-deposition Langmuir-Blodgett layer quality check
- Monolayer/film homogeneity. When combined with a KSV NIMA L&LB Trough, observation can be performed during compression/expansion at known surface pressures. Verifying the homogeneity of the monolayer already prior to deposition will speed up the research considerably.
- Optimizing the deposition parameters. For a high quality LB coating, the measurement parameters such as compression speed, waiting times, temperature and subphase content need to be optimized. With MicroBAM it is easy to study the effects of these parameters and choose the optimal conditions.
Langmuir layer structure and behavior studies
- Monolayer/film behavior. It is possible to observe phase changes, phase separation, domain size, shape and packing.
- Monitoring of surface reactions. For example, photochemical reactions, polymerization reactions as well as enzyme kinetics can be followed in real-time.
- Monitoring and detection of surface active materials. For example protein adsorption and nanoparticle flotation.